Internet CEO Moms

Internet CEO Moms
The lifeblood of how I keep it all together!

Inspiration Quote

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing -- Phyllis Diller

Monday, November 29, 2010

The Mom Guilt Factor

Work.. Stay at home debate.  I've been on both sides of the fence.  I've always been very focused, new exactly what I was doing, what I was going to be.. and then I had kids :)
My oldest son is 7, and when he was born, I went back to my corporate job because we didn't want to go without the money, and all my friends did the same.  I felt guilty.. each day I dropped him off.  I raced out of work and spent every minute with him until bed.
The night before my second son was born, I decided to work part time.  At my current job, I had that flexibility... So I decided to stay home in the afternoons.. work every free moment from home and go to the office only in the morning.  My guilt lessened.  I actually felt really good as my second son grew older and got to go to preschool in the morning, and I was home in the afternoon.  I also got to spend 2 years home with my older son in the afternoon..
We didn't have as much money... in comes the guilt?  Was I not able to provide my kids with all they needed?  I figured out it wasn't so much what they needed... but what they "wanted"
I guess I feel that when you are a Mom.. you have guilt.  All the time you have guilt.  You are gone too much, your kids aren't getting social interaction, you are smothering them, your not teaching them enough.. it never ends.  The best info I can give to the Work vs Home debate, is that every family is different.  I've experienced both sides and understand the guilt of both.
BTW-  Boy number 3 is here... and hopefully I will be full stay at home with him by the summer.  I'm sure this will bring on more guilt, but we can only do what we can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment